Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yo ho yo ho, A Pirate's Life for Me!

I've been missing from the blogging world for more than a week, so here's a quick recap of what's been going on in Casa de Klick.

By "recap" I mean, "excuse for not blogging."

- Got another weird eye infection. I have been to 3 different eye appointments with 2 different doctors. Both cost me a lot of money and neither has made any improvements. The last appointment ended with me wearing an eye patch.
- I've been wandering around the house saying "yaaar, I'm a pirate!" Also bumping into things a lot, but I think I've hidden it from everyone so far.
- I made Dan take apart a large desk that was trapped in my sister's room and move it into the media room. This space is slowly being turned into a new revamped craft space. More on that once everything is neat and tidy and I have time to take a picture. Probably next week.
- I've been trying to type up all my favorite recipes into my computer. Very hard to do when you're Captain Sara the Formidable.
- We unloaded the rental storage unit and I got dehydrated. Dan says I was talking in gibberish, but really, how is that different from everyday?
- We're (very very) slowly unpacking all the boxes that were in there. Even I am amazed at the sheer number of kitchen gadgets we own. And sets of dishes? I plead the 5th.
- I bought a new papasan chair cushion. My love for this chair passed a one year anniversary, so I thought it was time for a new cushion. The best part is that I got it on clearance. I love Pier 1 sales.
- I am sad that one of the highlights of my week was buying a cushion. I need a hobby.
- I found out that an old friend from high school is having her first baby. She's having everything eco-friendly and organic! I'm in awe of the lifestyle she and her fiance live and the dedication they show towards not only the environment, but also the future of their child.
- Dan kinda joined this informal poker league. Every month, someone hosts and provides snacks. I've started planning my nicer snack menu like mini cheeseburgers in puff pastries, pita chips with cinnamon apple salsa and mini pink champagne cupcakes. Dan keeps saying no, but I think the 30 other guys will love it rather than the boring beer and pretzels.

OK, I'm having trouble typing and it's frustrating so I'm going to wrap up this post. Hopefully next time I blog I will have 2 working eyes. Or a talking parrot and a peg leg.

4 comments:

Tia said...

if you get a talking parrot, you should totally teach it to make fun of your husband. that's what i would do if i had one. clearly.

Anonymous said...

Why are pirates cool?

Because they Arrrrggggghhh.

(Hello btw. Found you through 20sb blogs feed)

Belle Ecrivaine said...

Ouch! Take care of that eye. Come back when you're no longer pillaging the seas for booty and bounty.

emilyclare said...

Personally, I am hoping for the talking parrot and the pegleg :p