Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Missing Martini

I have a confession. I check Martini's blog daily, sometimes twice daily if she hasn't posted before I leave work. Single+Cats=Sad was one of my top 5 favorite blogs to read. She was a single girl, living a completely different life from me and her blog was fascinating and funny.
If you’d like to know the full story about her recent disappearance from the bloggy world, go to Lady Luck’s blog... http://changingmyluck.blogspot.com/
Basically, someone forwarded her blog to the guy she was dating. He was upset that she blogged about their personal life and he read statements from her that he didn’t like. Throwing a tantrum was only part of the reason she left though. She didn’t want whoever sent him the link to send it to others in her life. It was a public blog, yes, but it was also a form a personal therapy. She never mentioned names, never gave specifics. But she gave all of us insight into her world, which was a nice break from my normal boring life.
I’ll miss reading her blog. She was the 2nd of my all-time Top 5 favorite humor blogs that had to delete her posts. Please Tartraz, SO@24 and rs27 – Please promise me you won’t stop blogging!

I nearly clung to my computer screen. I think I’m already showing signs of separation anxiety.

6 comments:

Snotty McSnotterson said...

I really liked that blog, too; I actually found your blog while looking for her new one, weirdly. Thanks for the info!

So@24 said...

Such nice things!

I better get a post like this when I leave!

...

one of these days

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I need a eulogy like this if I decide to leave!

Martini misses everyone and wants everyone to know that she will be back!

Belle Ecrivaine said...

It's a little disappointing that someone would be that mean-spirited as to send her blog to that guy. If no names were named, then she should have been allowed to keep her blog active because she's allowed to express herself. It's a shame she was silenced because of one mean person.

Lorien Clark said...

Thanks for the update! I can sleep now knowing the bunnies at the mansion didn't kidnap her. I was really worried about that. Or I thought Hef might have taken her and told her she need to stop blogging or else.

Anonymous said...

Someone just alerted me to this -- you're so sweet! I just wanted to let you know I'm back!

amartinialwayshelps.blogspot.com!