Thursday, June 19, 2008

Puppy Dog Eyes


from thefunnydogs.com, originally uploaded by Klick Here.

This post is really to answer Wegrit's questions, since I can't post blog comments from work. (Down with The Man!) It's also because I know you all find my opinion on animals terribly exciting.
---

I often see a cute animal and before my puppy dog eyes can melt their way into Dan's heart, he says no to the idea of a new pet. I'm currently rooting for a pet bird, duck and/or chicken. Look at how cute baby chicks are! Yes, they grow into chickens fairly rapidly, but chickens are still cute. I should know, seeing as how I grew up in a city with no chickens around and am therefore an expert on all things fowl. I'm not even sure I've ever seen one live. But nevertheless, I want one as a pet!
Our conversations tend to go from me asking if we can take in foster kittens for the shelter, to asking if we can get a puppy, to asking for a salt water fish tank, to asking for a pretty parrotlet (small parrot that looks like a lovebird but is 3x as pricey,) to asking for some outrageous animal. Varieties include but are not limited to a monkey, pot bellied pig or chicken. I've even asked for a miniature pony but he doesn't even dignify that with a response.
It originally started as a form of reverse psychology. If I ask for a horse he'll let me get a bird! Lesser of two evils!

Apparently Dan has caught on and has now learned to just say no to everything. Sometimes before I even ask the question.

P.S. To the lovely Plume- you take ballet, I'll take tap and then we'll teach each other our fabulous skillz! (Like that? SkillZ. I am so street cred worthy.) It will be like getting two types of classes for the price of one! Bargain shopping!

0 comments: