Thursday, June 26, 2008

Panic


photo by Vera Lye, originally uploaded by Klick Here.

I've been stressed all week. If I could write that in squiggly capital letters, I would. That's how stressed I am.
I'm getting my hair cut on Monday which I am partly supah-dupah excited about and partly terrified about. (What can I say, I am a complicated woman.)
What if my ridiculously expensive stylist makes me look like a llama? (See above photo for an example of said llama.) What if he hacks off my hair in some artistic expression that I don’t get? What if he has a fight with another stylist and in his mounting anger, clips off a major chunk of hair from the center of my head? That can happen! I watched Blow Out, I KNOW THESE THINGS CAN HAPPEN!!
Dan will be distracted while playing poker on Monday. Will I arrive with a face full of joy and a sexy, stylish cut that makes heads turn? Or will I arrive in tears, demanding he let me buy a hat and threatening to lock myself in our hotel room until it grows back out?
My emotions are like Russian roulette, especially when it comes to my hair.

2 comments:

Tia said...

i'm excited for your big haircut!! don't stress.

Belle Ecrivaine said...

Lady, I am the same way when it comes to getting my hair cut. One horrible haircut experience (my hair looked like a frizzy triangle for MONTHS because of a too-short cut and bad style in humid weather) makes me oh so wary of stepping into a salon. As a result, I only get my hair cut twice a year, because the stress of it often trumps my frustration of having unruly hair that looks like Ugly Betty's.

That reminds me, I'm due for a cut.