Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sugar Overload


Sugar Overload, originally uploaded by Klick Here.

Sprinkles Cupcakes opened in Scottsdale last week. The one in California is mucho-popular. Even Oprah loves them and we all know that if you don't like what Oprah likes, you have no soul.
On Mother's Day, we decided to brave the crownd to get my mom some cupcakes. We drove up to find a line snaking it's way right out the front door and around the corner of the building! I wanted to turn back, but Dan insisted that the line would move quickly.
For the record, he lies.
We stood in line for an hour. When I gave him my whiny face about 10 minutes into the wait, he responded "think of it as Disneyland. Only, you're waiting an hour in line and instead of a ride, you're getting cupcakes. That you have to pay for." For whatever reason, any analogy to Disneyland makes everything better to me. Dan uses this to his advantage.
We returned home, drenched in sweat, backs aching and in a slightly giddy mood from having escaped alive. Even if the cupcakes tasted like animal poo, I was planning on making everyone eat them and ENJOY THEM because I waited in line for an hour for freaking cupcakes.
They were yummy. Touche Sprinkles, touche.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look absolutely delicious. I don't blame you for forcing people to eat 'em even if they were bad. Hell, I'd have done the same thing! =)

The Noisy Plume said...

It's that damn icing they used...that smooth stuff never does the actual cake justice........pretty little things aren't they?