Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fuzzy Naval, Fuzzy Memories


martinis, originally uploaded by Klick Here.

After the reception, we decided to go to the Yard House with a coworker and his wife who live near us. You know that phrase, "one tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor"? With me, it's one martini, two martini...and then it gets pretty fuzzy after that.
I should have known better. The last time I had a drink was in March. I'm not a big drinker since I tend to prefer the expensive drinks. Now that Dan and I are married, I'm apparently not allowed to accept drinks from strangers, and martinis that cost more than free are not in my budget.
Afterwards, I realized that I became old and boring. I wanted to go home and go to bed and it was only 11ish. Just a couple of years ago, I was heading out to the bars at 11! Is it possible to go through a pre-midlife crisis? Because I now have this urge to go out every weekend just to spite myself and fight my premature aging.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you used to drink a lot. i remember a lot of drunken nights with you and the rest of the gang.

-js

Celia said...

I am constantly surprised by the cost of my favorite drinks. Shouldn't beer cost more because it's just one thing and fancy drinks cost less because it's mostly just pretty colors with a shot of alcohol? And I agree that one of the few downsides of marriage is having to pay your own bar bill.

Heather said...

cool pic!