Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Sad Face


stamps, originally uploaded by Klick Here.

Me: Hi Husband.
D: Hi Wife!
Me: I'm calling you because I'm sad.
D: Sad? What happened?
Me: I went to that new rubber stamp store in Scottsdale. You know, the one I haven't been able to stop talking about for days because the pictures on their website show it having tons and tons of stamps?
D: You went to the stamp store? Why aren't you at work?
Me: I was. It's my lunch break but I'm heading back now.
D: You went to a rubber stamp store instead of eating lunch?
Me: ...if I tell you yes, will you be mad at me?
D: Yes.
Me: Then, no-ish
D: Sara!
Me: You aren't supposed to get mad! I'm sad right now! You're supposed to be sad too!
D: *sigh* I'm sorry that the rubber stamp store didn't have any cute stamps when you went there INSTEAD OF EATING LUNCH.

I chose to ignore the sarcasm. It's a trend that has worked for me so far.

1 comments:

The Noisy Plume said...

As always, the record of your dialogue with your man brings me great joy.