Saturday, March 1, 2008

Furry Tails Can Come True



I don't know if I mentioned it, but I am volunteering with Friends for Life. They're a non-profit animal shelter in Gilbert that focuses primarily on strays that are surviving on the streets. We adopted two of our kitties from them.

The major thing in the works right now is our annual charity auction, which will be held on March 8th. We typically raise about $45k from this one event, which is enough to keep the shelter running and all bills paid through the summer. I donated a custom dress. My parents donated some Suns tickets. The scrapbook guild I belong to rallied together and donated a total of 3 dozen cards, 7 photo books, 4 premade scrapbooks, a notebook and 2 photo frames. Plus we've had tons of other donations for things like jewelry, artwork, vacation packages and sporting event tickets. In total, there are about 150 lots of items that are going up for bidding.

Tickets are $80 each, (tax deductible!) and include dinner, dancing, entertainment and of course, the ability to bid on some fabulous items! We only have about 40 seats left. The event will be a lot of fun, the money will go to a good cause, and you'll get to see me! (I'll be the one taking everyone's money at the cashier table. My previous retail experience is finally paying off.)

0 comments: