Thursday, February 28, 2008

"Cool" is My Middle Name


Paula_Abdul, originally uploaded by Klick Here.

I will admit that I am a victim of pop music. Love. It. I like the boppy beats, the brainless lyrics. I love the music videos with lots of flashing lights and lip synching.
When we were at a super bowl party, we all saw Paula Abdul's performance of "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow." Everyone there was about 10 years older than Dan and me, so when they started making fun of her I kept my mouth shut. But secretly? I became a little obsessed. And when she called into John Jay and Rich this morning? Fell a little more in love with song.
Don't get me wrong, I still think she says some very weird things on American Idol and I made fun of her the entire time "Hey Paula" was on TV. But her new song? Her catchy song that basically just repeats the chorus over and over? I keep calling the radio station to request it. They ignore me, so I'm going to have to purchase it on iTunes. Heck, I'm going to probably purchase the entire Randy Jackson CD when it comes out.
I've officially lost all street cred.

0 comments: