Sunday, February 17, 2008

Tagged

I was tagged by the uber-talented Emily. I'm supposed to write 7 random things about myself that are hopefully interesting to read. I personally think I'm kinda boring, but I like talking about myself so this will work for me.

1. I am a Japican-half Japanese, half Mexican. Japican is a real word, look it up! Not in Websters of course, but in Urban Dictionary. Next best thing. (Dad's Mexican, Mom's Japanese, in case you were wondering.)

2. My immediate family has included myself, my birth parents, my adopted sister, the girl my parents were legal guardians of, a foster sister and five foster brothers. Not all at once and not while I was living under their roof, thankfully. Getting into the bathrooms would have been a battle.

3. I was not allowed to watch tv as a child. The habit of not watching tv continued until I was 18 and I became addicted to Friends. I was devastated when it ended. I still have a Tivo subscription to the reruns.

4. I play video games. Mostly PC games, but I do bite down on PS2 role-playing action games every once in awhile. Kings Quest? Played all 8 multiple times. Atelier Iris? Proud to say I beat all 3. Yes, I still think I am allowed to make fun of Hubby's WOW addiction. No one ever said life was fair.

5. I had an annoyingly preppy phase that lasted about 5 years. (5 years counts as a phase, right?) I was a yearbook editor in high school. On a golf team. Involved in more than a dozen extracurricular activities. I joined a sorority (AOPi!) My theatre friends still shake their heads at me for it.

6. I was dating someone else when Dan and I met. And I tried to set him up with one of my best friends. Not my best matchmaking skills, I will admit. Hindsight is 20/20.

7. I laugh at really dumb jokes. I had the same sense of humor as a 12-year-old boy. The funniest Super Bowl commercial by far was the Pepsi one with Justin Timberlake. Why? He got hit in the junk. Yes, I even laughed at rereading this post and seeing the work "junk." That is how lame my sense of humor is.

OK, I am tagging Erica, Candace, Jillian, Katie, Elinor, Chris and Dan. Although I'm fairly sure Katie, Elle and Chris rarely update their blogs. And Dan doesn't participate, even when forced. So I highly doubt I'll get a response from him either... (not so subtle hint for you, Hubby.)

1 comments:

emilyclare said...

Oh Sara - Japican is the coolest mix! I wish I were something more interesting... like half viking half persian. And I too play computer games (and have a boyfriend addicted to WOW - if I wasn't on here blogging he'd be on wowing) I'm a big daggy though I love Heroes of Might and Magic, Unreal Tournament and old Warcraft. I hope your Valentines getaway was lovely and romantic!