Tuesday, September 11, 2007

If I Were Britney's Friend

Yes, I am a day late with this post about Britney Spears. Don't care-"I do what I want!"
I'm sure you all know what kind of performance she gave. This is how I imagine a conversation would go between us, had I been there immediately after the show.


Me: Wow Britt...that was quite a show. I love the new song by the way!
Britney: This totally suxs ya'll. Can I have a margarita?
Me: You probably shouldn't drink immediately after dancing up a sweat. Here, have some water.
Britney: Where are my kids?
Me: With K-Fed, the same place they have been for the past 3 days. Listen Britney, focus now, ok?
Britney: I like this bra. Can I keep it?
Me: We'll see. Seriously, focus for a moment. You need to reevaluate your life right now. You are a great performer and after seeing tonight's performance, it doesn't look like your heart is in it anymore.
Britney: Do the panties come with the bra? I totally like the bra ya'll.
Me: Britney, you are a young woman who was forced to grow up very quickly. You lived your life in the public eye and I think it's getting to you. You need to take a few moments to actually sit back and think if this is the life you really want. Your family is estranged from you, your ex-husband fears for your kids' safety when they are with you, and all of the media thinks you have had a nervous breakdown. I am your friend Britt and I really think that you need to decide if show business is right for you. It's all you know, but that doesn't mean that it's all you'll ever know. You have the potential to do great things and it's sad to see you in such a downward spiral.
Britney: My coochie needs to be shaved before I go to the clubs. Can you find one of them cute guy dancers for me?
Me: ...I think I'm going to go buy a Team K-Fed shirt.

1 comments:

Welcome to Elinor Island said...

I agree. As a person who used to listen to Britney with you. It was all so sad.




But, That was a cute bra.