Tuesday, September 11, 2007

He Knows Me So Well

Dan: I had a piece of cake today.
Me: For lunch?
Dan: No, someone quit. It's her last day so we had cake.
Me: Oh, good. Cake is not a healthy lunch.
Dan: Maybe I'll go have another piece.
Me: No, you should eat lunch first.
Dan: You can't say no to me-you're not here to stop me.
Me: I'll be very sad if I find out that you had another piece.
Dan: You can't be sad if you don't know. I just won't tell you that I had another piece.
Me: But what about when I ask you directly? Are you going to lie to me?
Dan: No, I just won't answer. I'll ignore you or change the subject.
Me: But then I'd know what the answer was.
Dan: Maybe I'll distract you by offering you another kitten.

1 comments:

Candace said...

Too funny. That would work though I'd imagine. Ask him if the cake is worth more kitten urine on your stuff though.