Thursday, August 9, 2007

Scraptastic. Scrapalicious. Scraptacular.

I am working this weekend at the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Expo. Betcha didn't even know such a wonder existed, did you?

I will be getting paid to do this "work." My main job will be to sit at the front entrance in a little booth and hand out free stuff. Nothing worthwhile-stuff like programs, fliers for nearby lunch specials and goofy stickers. Still, I can guarantee that my booth will be the most popular.
After about 5-6 hours of service, I will not only get some money but I will also get free admission to wander around. Sometimes you'll even get free product samples. My favorite thing to do though is to check out all the ideas everyone else has. Which, of course, will require me to purchase their entire line of product in order to become the next great artiste.
Goodbye paycheck. Thank you for making a pit stop in my bank account. And thank you for all my new stuff.
Dan's response: "At least my student loan check hasn't come yet. Then you'd have thousands to spend there and I wouldn't be able to go to school." Oh how true.

I have no idea who these people are, but don't they look happy to be there?! That will be me on Saturday morning at 8:30am.

Be prepared for a similar post in September. That's when the best expo comes to town- Creative Keepsakes!

2 comments:

Candace said...

I think it looks very fun. Plus you get free admission! yay! I like the Scrapalicious part by the way.

Candace said...

I think I need an update on all the fun and free stuff you hopefully got for working on your Saturday.