Tuesday, October 7, 2008

By "Save" you mean "Continue Shopping," right?

My mom, as lovely as she is, is kinda like the Harbinger of Doom. I Googled the phrase so anyone who wasn't familiar could see what it means. I received all sorts of World of Warcraft links back. Figures.

She works with stock trading and often sends us emails with financial advice. The past few have all basically had the same message. Head down, batten down the hatches, prepare for the end of days. But the worst message she had for us? Stop shopping.

Uh, Mom? ...you've met me right?
---
On a similar note, the job hunt is not going well. Everyone says I'm either overqualified or that there are teenagers who are willing to work for much less than I am.

I'm already being pushed out by the youth. I never imagined it would happen to me at 26.
---
Dan and I aren't terribly worried about our financial state, but we are doing our part to save as much as possible right now. We used to go to the movies every week, but now we are each going to pick one movie a month that we really want to see and the other person gets absolutely no veto.

October's Pick - I can already picture myself singing along. I {heart} cheesy pop musicals.

November's Pick - I wish I could lie to you and say I'm going to see Daniel Craig play Bond, or perhaps the vampire movie based off the super popular books. Nope. Gonna see a Disney flick again. Hey, it's the only time in my life when Dan doesn't get to veto my movie choice. I'm milking it for all it's worth.
---
Also as part of our financial savings plan, we are cooking. When I say "we" I actually mean "we!" My mom says you can tell that times are tough when *I* start cooking.

How true.

So yes, we've spent quite a bit of time in the grocery store and even more so in the kitchen. Last night was sliders, which were just as yummy as a hamburger but were better because they were small and cute. Everyone knows cute food tastes better.
---

And to close out this post, a cute picture.

cat


Can you tell I miss drinking Diet Coke?

0 comments: