Thursday, September 18, 2008

Babies on the Brain

A friend is about to have her baby, so I forced Dan to go to Babies R' Us with me.


This was my second time there in 2 days. The first time, the registry was not working and they kept insisting to me that my friend didn't have a registry there. Or maybe I didn't know how to spell her name correctly. Yes, I would buy a gift for a woman whose name I didn't know how to spell. Moron.

Anyway, as I was a little creepily stroking the ultra plush fake fur swadding blankets, I announced to Dan that I was ready to give procreation a go.

There was a beat of silence.

I'm sure his brain was spinning, trying to figure out a way to gently ask me if I had lost my mind without it seeming like he was crushing my ovary-produced dreams. Then, a slight flicker of hope appeared in his eyes.

"Are you saying this because you want to buy cute baby stuff?"

You know me well, Husband. You know me well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha that's the only reason I want to have kids... so I can buy adorable stuff!

Squirrelbait said...

Well think, you can buy stuff for my future little one in March

Tia said...

yeah, almost every person i know tells me that they think i'm considering babies solely for the retail possibilites.

and to that i say "so what?"

The Noisy Plume said...

HOly CRAP!
BABY KLICKS!
What could be cuter?
Especially if it was swaddled in faux fur.