Thursday, April 24, 2008

I've Got a Pulse on the American Public


Goodbye Carly, originally uploaded by Klick Here.

Last year, we decided to have an American Idol pool. I won tons o' cash. This year, we decided to do the same thing but it's been much more fun because there's no clear winner. I had a winning streak for the first few weeks, which came to a screeching halt when I decided to actually watch the competition instead of just Tivo-ing thru most of it. So after picking the wrong person to get voted off two weeks in a row, I went back to my original method. Kinda. I voted for Carly to leave partially because I don't like her and partially because everyone else was picking Jason and Brooke.
What can I say? Some of us are just in tune with society. ("Society" being "16-year-old girls who vote.")
I didn't like that she had a record deal before getting onto American Idol. I didn't like her snippy comments to the judges and Ryan. I didn't like how she talked back to my BFF, Simon. I'm very glad to see her gone. And I'm glad that now I've won over $60.
---
On other reality tv news, Greg has left Beauty and the Geek. Sad, sad day in Sara-land. I love him. He's a self-proclaimed "Gaysian" and has the best personality. He was super cute and my favorite, but was sadly paired with someone who didn't get along with any of the other people in the house. I cried when he was kicked off, because he was so hurt by it. I love you Greggy! Move to AZ and we'll be BFFs. Along with Simon when he's in town, of course.
---
And last bit of tv news, (geez, I need a hobby) So You Think You Can Dance is coming back in May! I get a little obsessed with this show. It's amazing what these dancers can do, and I love that many of them go out of their comfort zone to put on really spectacular performances. Plus there's a lot of eye candy, so that helps too. ...love you Husband! Please don't restrict me from watching!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm glad that Simon is your BFF (he's mine too). I thought Carly would leave as well. I should have put money on it! ;)

The Noisy Plume said...

Ummmmmmm....
......
that's my best girl M commenting above me by the way.

And I think you might be a hustler.

Des said...

I loved "So you think you can dance." It was so interesting seeing all the different dances. But I got so sad when my favourites were voted off. :(

wegrit said...

I love watching people who can dance dance. It is beautiful. Also there's usually one very hot Russian on SYTYCD who has a penchant for going shirtless. I love me some Russians!