Monday, January 21, 2008

Jazz Hands!


Hairspray, originally uploaded by Klick Here.

Dan gave me a pair of tickets to Hairspray for Christmas. We went to see the show last night and I am still recovering from my ADD attack. So many shiny things...
(The picture above was from the Paybill website. Not only are pictures not allowed in the theater, but my parents took my camera to Ohio with them. So, the picture is from a different cast than the tour cast we saw.)
I was a costume design major and as you can probably guess, flamboyant musicals were much more fun to design than a stereotypical period drama. As a result, I practically drool over the idea of going to see a musical with "jazz hands" and "happy toes" and all sorts of cheesy grins.
Dan and I are planning to get season tickets to the Orpheum for the upcoming season. Chicago, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and The Spelling Bee are planned for the 2008-2009 season. I've seen Joseph many times, so that one's not that big a draw to me. But I'm excited to see the other three! And it was nice to do something different from our normal date nights.
When I asked Dan if he enjoyed it, he said he would prefer if he didn't have to give up his last Man Card by answering that. Too late dear husband, too late.

1 comments:

each of the two said...

Ha! Man cards!

My BF forbids me from telling ANYONE some of the things he does for/with me that are not on an appropriate level of Man-ness.